Many different styles of yoga are based on the same basic yoga poses, however the experience of one style can be radically different than another.The styles are as below:
Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa, Ashtanga Yoga, Power Yoga, Bikram Yoga, Iyenger Yoga, Shivananda Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, YIN Yoga, Restorative Yoga ETC.
Chaitanya Wellness Yoga Academy’s Yoga Style
Every institution and every teacher have their own style of yoga in which they will be expertise. Our styles are :
- VINYASA FLOW (POWER YOGA)
- ASANA PRANAYAMA MEDITATION
Sivananda yoga is a classical and holistic approach to HATHA YOGA that stretches and tones the whole body. Sivananda yoga classes throughout the world start and end with chanting and meditation, and use the same basic poses or asanas and their variations. A session typically starts with every practitioner resting in Savasana. This is then followed by KAPALABHATI and ANULOMA VILOMA, and then rounds of SURYA NAMASKARA before the standard program of the 12 basic asanas is practiced. A session averages for 90 minutes.
The Sivananda practice establishes physiological balance in the body and secures mental poise through its scientifically-designed series of asanas and pranayama.
The principles of Sivananda yoga is summarized in the following 5 principles:
Proper breathing: Pranayama
Positive thinking and meditation: Vedanta and Dhyana.
Goal of Sivananda style:
“AN OUNCE OF PRACTICE IS WORTH TONS OF THEORY”
It is intended to tone and strengthen all of the muscle groups of the body. The objective of the class is to instruct students in the correct practice of asanas, enabling the student to deepen his daily practice.The aim is to maintain the vitality of the body, slow the decaying process, and she reduce the chance of diseases by simply and naturally cultivating the body.
VINYASA FLOW OR POWER YOGA:
VINYASA means “arranging something in a special way”. It is a wonderful and easy way to start yoga because it is very accessible to beginners. It is a active style with lots of movement. There are 3 levels of vinyasa flow depending on the difficulty. It has a short sequence of 4 poses i.e plank pose, chaturanga, upward facing dog, downward facing dog. The benefits of power yoga are:
- It trains the mind
- Teaches how to care ourselves
- Links the breath & movement
- Improve your health & well-being
ASANA PRANAYAMA MEDITATION (APM):
Asana, Pranayama and meditation are three of the eight limbs of yoga. In a sequenced full practice, they simply weave together, nourishing and supporting the subsequent limb without a gap, creating a unique binding of yoga. The benefits are:
- Improves balance, flexibility, strength
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve blood circulation
- Improves autonomic functions
- Gives you will power
- Aids in weight loss
- Causes positive changes in Cardio-respiratory system
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MEDITATION:
With meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and every cell in the ody is filled with more Prana.
- Lowers high blood pressure, lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases tension-related pain, such as tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems.
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior.
- Improves the immune system.
- Increases the energy level, as we gain an inner source of energy.
MENTAL BENEFITS OF MEDITATION:
- Decreases anxiety
- Emotional stability develops
- Creativity& happiness increases
- Institution develops
- Gain clarity & peace of mind
- Mind becomes sharper & expand consciousness
Yoga & meditation is like a seed, when you cultivate with love, the more it blossoms. Busy people from all backgrounds are grateful to pause and enjoy a refreshing few minutes of meditation each day. Dive deep into yourself and enrich your life.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]